Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's Next for the Economy?

How about switching from greed, distrust, Ponzi schemes and panic to this simple-sounding goal definition:

"A successful strategy to green the economy involves environmental and social full-cost pricing
of energy and materials inputs, in order to discourage unsustainable patterns of production and
consumption. In general, such a strategy is diametrically opposite to one where companies
compete on price, not quality; externalize social and environmental costs; and seek out the
cheapest inputs of materials and labor. A green economy is an economy that values nature and
people and creates decent, well-paying jobs.

Source: UNEP

2 comments:

Sudipta Das said...

I am 28 years old and would really like to set this business up and have my own shop. I live in the north east of Canada. I want to set up a new business selling Adult toys and Sexy Outfits. Do you think that I would get a grant to open a shop selling adult toys? Do you think I would make money on this type of thing? Any opinions would be great to me. Thanking you.



Sudipta das
________________

us government grants

lots in costa rica said...

Hello guys very interesting this post I really like it and I want to read more blogs like this about economy.