Thursday, October 04, 2007

20something Life, City by City

The Wall Street Journal has a column for GenDebters called Act One with an interesting series on lifestyle and career prospects for recent college graduates in various cities. The New York one, which ran today, is nothing we haven't heard before (high rent, lots of jobs) , but the other cities, San Francisco, Atlanta, DC and Minneapolis, are more interesting. There's also a map.
Guess the town from each quote!

1) "At a taqueria, you can get a gut-busting meal for under $5; the weather's not extreme, and I just sold my car because I'm trying to be more green."

2) "I have my own little one bedroom apartment [$850 a month], and I love it...All my friends in other cities have roommates."

3) "It's not overwhelming and I like that."

4) "I didn't move here to become a blogger, but I moved here and became a blogger."

5) "I would rather experience a ton and not save any money for a few years than be bored in another city."

2 comments:

Traciatim said...

"I would rather experience a ton and not save any money for a few years than be bored in another city."

That's exactly the problem with "Generation Debt"

Anonymous said...

This is a generation that does not grow up. From 15 to 25 they are teenagers. Then they get a blog and whine about it!