Monday, September 19, 2005

Get out of Town!

I got this comment about my column on young expats:
I gotta say, living abroad is looking better and better right now.

Dear Ms. Kamenetz,
I just read your great article on moving abroad. You
might also mention Istanbul as a place where young
people from all over are finding their niche. I have
lived here for more than 20 years, raised my children
here (where they received an education that would have
been impossible, without winning the lottery (and even
then) in the US). People came to America to find a
better life. It is crucial that the country understand
that people will leave for the same reason. Young
people have much to offer the world, in addition to
finding more sane, more civilized (especially in terms
of work to life ratio) lives for themselves

No comments: