Thursday, April 27, 2006

On Tubbs Hill

Greetings from gorgeous Coeur d'Alene, Idaho where I am appearing as a featured speaker for the Kootenai County Financial Literacy Week. I talked to about 200 high school students yesterday about how not to get in trouble with credit cards& why it's fun to invest--really!--'cause compound interest and the Rule of 72 can work either for you or against you.
Brad Dugdale, a certified financial planner who invited me here, is also really excited about getting people to opt out of pre-approved credit offers, which you can do here. I could stand to get less junk mail.

My message is in an interesting new context here where real estate values are rising, but you can get a 3-bedroom house for just over $100K, and where kids are skipping out on community college for construction and tourist jobs.

No comments: